At The Hyndburn Academy, we are committed to providing a friendly and safe environment for all students. Our values are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to instill them in our students through our daily interactions, policies and practices.
At The Hyndbutn Academy, we are guided by a strong moral purpose and a deep commitment to doing what is best for children and young people. We believe in creating a joyful and nurturing environment where children can thrive and be happy. It is this emphasis on happiness that sets our school apart and allows us to cultivate the potential of every child.
Our core values are:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others;
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause;
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real;
- Respect – for ourselves and others in all that we do;
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success.
The HYA Charter #WideningHorizons
We pledge to our students that throughout their time with us at The Hyndburn Academy, we will offer opportunities to widen their horizons and bring out 'The Best in Everyone'. This includes offering all our students the opportunity to:
- Attend a residential
- Listen to an inspirational speaker
- Explore the area you live in through a variety of cultural experience
- Be creative, try something new through creative arts, performing arts, sport or technology
- Attend an artistic, cultural, or sporting event
- Help others through voluntary activities, fundraising, or enterprise
- Represent the academy at a public-facing event
- Develop leadership and character through the student council participation groups, leadership opportunities and representing your house or the Academy
- Be prepared for life in modern Britain through activities including debates and public speaking
- Know your destination by having meaningful interactions with further education providers and employers
The HYA Way #5StepsToRespect
#BeThoughtful Treat others with respect, treat people as you would like to be treated
#BeSafe Walk on the left and keep your hands off each other - Let's keep as far apart as possible when walking around the Academy. Do not touch anyone at all
#BeKind Always use respectful language. Speak to people the way you would like people to speak to you
#BeTidy Do not drop litter. We spend a lot of time in school, let's keep it a nice environment
#BeCalm Act in a calm manner. As young adults, you are constantly managing your emotions. Take a deep breath and make the right decisions
The HYA Student #8StepsToConfidence
I am a responsible learner This means I work well independently and with others.
I am an organised learner This means I arrive on time, with the correct equipment, and ready to learn.
I am a reflective learner This means I identify what I have done well and what I need to improve my learning.
I am a resilient learner This means I do not give up when I find things difficult, and I am not afraid to try new things out.
I am a proud learner This means I take pride in how I present my work including my exercise book.
I am an active learner This means I engage in debates and discussions in class and during extra-curricular activities.
I am a resourceful learner This means that I try to find things out for myself before asking my teacher.
I am an independent learner This means I produce high-quality homework to the best of my ability and always hand it in on time.