Every student at The Hyndburn Academy is part of the house system. On entry into Year 7, each student is placed into one of our four mixed-age houses and a house tutor group. They become part of the house family and the lapel badge that they wear on their blazer shows which house they belong to. The names of our houses are based on inspirational figures who have overcome adversity and broken down barriers in life.
Throughout the school year, students earn points for their houses through, good behaviour, academic, sporting, creative and community endeavors. With each house including students from all year goups this fosters a sense of community throughout the school.
Meet the Head of Houses
Each house has a 'Head of House'. Their role is to:
- Lead their house, including assemblies to inform you on progress, upcoming events and competitions
- Arranges regular meetings with the House Team members to plan, prepare for upcoming events
- Support and encourage your house to do the best they can and win!
- Celebrates achievements within the house
- Monitors house progress
- Monitors and enhances personal development of all our students
Current house points can be viewed on the homepage of our website.