Careers Advice is given to students through Personal Development Day activities and one to ones with the school’s Careers Advisor. Students are given the opportunity to develop their Employability Skills and are able to gain better knowledge of the wider world of Careers.
Students also complete a career plan and are then given assistance on how to complete their application forms for college or Training Providers. Students are taught how to plan and prepare for an interview and the Careers Advisor is available to accompany anyone and support them at their interview.
The School works closely with the ‘Careers and Enterprise Company’, to ensure the school is meeting the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks.
Once students leave The Hyndburn Academy at the end of year 11 they can make appointments to see the Careers Advisor for further assistance with their CV’s or college applications. Students are able to contact the school Careers Advisor via email if they need any further assistance. (Details for this are available under the ‘Careers Leader’ tab).
The Hyndburn Academy’s CEIAG programme will help students to:
- Understand themselves, their interests, likes and dislikes, what they are good at and how this affects the choices they make
- Find out about different courses, what qualifications they might need and what opportunities there might be
- Develop the skills they may need for working life
- Make realistic, but ambitious, choices about courses and jobs
- Develop a plan of action for the future
- Understand the different routes after Year 11 including training, further and higher education and jobs
- Be able to make effective applications for jobs, training and further and higher education
- Develop interview skills
- Improve confidence